How would you like to live in an original Frank Lloyd Wright designed Usonian house
Well then I suggest you check out the Palmer House in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I feel for the seller, the housing market is in a shambles which is why this beauty comes with a $250,000 discount. Even with the price reduction the sucker still carries the asking price of $1,250,000. I assume that is a shit-ton more than they bought it for, maybe two shit-tons.
Follow the link, and if you can stand the annoying new-agey music embedded in the site you can contact Bob Eckstien, the agent charged with getting rid of this baby masterpiece.
Check it out, and if you have an extra million or so around help Bob earn his commission!
For those of you who don’t have a million or more in the bank and/or not willing to relocate to beautiful Ann Arbor here is a list of other Usonian houses near you!
- Jacobs House – Madison, Wisconsin
- Zimmerman House – Manchester, New Hampshire
- Kentuck Knob – Stewart Township, Pennsylvania
- Muirhead Farmhouse – Hampshire, Illinois
- Pope-Leighey House – Alexandria, Virginia
- Rosenbaum House – Florence, Alabama
- Weltzheimer House – Oberlin, Ohio
- Kamphoefner House – Raleigh, North Carolina
- Gordon House – Silverton, Oregon
- And there is a while damn community of them in Pleasantville, New York
Lazy to even leave your house? Here are some videos of Usonian houses all over the country, starting with my local Usonian:
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The lists (both text and video) are hardly complete. Usonian houses were built in aprt to be economical and so they dot the nation. If you have any links or videos you’d like to share COMMENT and let us know!